Kalona Brewing Company, now in its 7th year, is a craft brewery and from scratch-focused restaurant that has an emphasis on local food, maintains an innovative new American menu, and operates in a staff environment with a family-feel. Read on for openings on our team and how to apply.
OPEN POSITION: BEER SALES REPRESENTATIVE, DES MOINES AREA
Kalona Brewing Company is seeking a craft beer lover to join our growing team as a Sales Representative in the Des Moines area and central Iowa.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Build and maintain relationships with key account managers.
- Pulling back stock and re-stocking shelves.
- Cultivate new accounts.
- Introduce new products into the market.
- Clean and service draft lines.
- Report weekly on progression of goals and market insights
- Other duties include sales calls, working at promotional events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong beer knowledge and an understanding of the brewing process
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- First-rate time management skills
- Proficiency with computers and tablets
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- 21+ years old
- Ability to lift, load, unload and move beer weighing up to 165 pounds
- Willing to learn about draft systems and be able to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay rate
- Gas Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
Job Type: Part-Time Required education: High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
Please email Sales Manager Cody Rose with interest at cody.roseatkalonabrewing.com or online here.
OPEN POSITION: SOUS CHEF
Kalona Brewing Company is seeking an ambitious sous chef that is motivated by creativity and a willingness to grow. He or she must be able to work well with others, delegate tasks to employees, create and make recipes/dishes, and bring a positive and hardworking mindset into the work place. A knowledge of craft beer and wine is useful.
Salary, $32K – $35K/ year based on experience.
Committed applicants only. Contact Head Chef Oliver Hassman at email@example.com, call 319-656-3335, or apply in person at the restaurant, or online here
OPEN POSITION: LINE COOK
We are looking for a part-time or full-time cook for the line. Experience is preferred, but not necessary. Please fill out your application online.
OPEN POSITION: HOST
Join the KBC team as host, greeting and seating guests and assisting front-of-house staff. Strong customer service skills are a must.
Please fill out an online application. Thank you for your interest!